Affordable and accessible healthcare is a right of all Australians, not only those who can afford it.
Amanda is outraged that Malcolm Turnbull continues to cut Medicare. The Government's freeze of the Medicare rebate is hurting vulnerable Australians across the country:-
- Bulk-billing is down. We’ve already seen a drop in bulk billing rates, impacting the most vulnerable Australians.
- Out-of-pocket costs have never been higher. Since 2014, South Australians are paying on average $5.40 more to visit to their GP.
- Costs are higher for vital tests and scans. This includes pap smears, which are life-saving for many Australian women.
- It costs more to see a specialist or allied health professional. The average cost to see a specialist in Australia is over $80.
- Veterans are paying the price. The Australian Medical Association said the rebate freeze is impacting access to care for veterans and it will only get worse over time.
We all remember how outraged Australians were when Tony Abbott tried to introduce a $7 tax to see a GP. Now, Malcolm Turnbull's rebate freeze has increased the out-of-pocket cost to see a GP by an average of $7 across Australia.
This Government has now successfully implemented their GP tax by stealth, and everyday Australians are paying the price.
The Liberal Government continues to attack our most vulnerable Australians and they will not stop.
We have to fight to protect Medicare together. Sign Amanda's petition below to send a message to Malcolm Turnbull and the Liberals: quality healthcare should never be determined by your credit card.